Can Gall stones be tretaed safely with Udiliv 300 bd ?

I have stones in gall bladder. Can these be tretaed safely with Udiliv 300 bd.
Fri, 19 Jul 2013
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Hello Mr.Singh,

You had written that you had gall stones.
Treating gall stones with Udiliv is medical management and it may take months to clear the gall stones and its not a 100% remedy. Usually this type of medical management is reserved for very old patients and very sick patients who are unfit to undergo surgery. While undergoing treatment there is every chance for you to land up in complications related to gall stones such as Acute cholecystitis, Empyema of gall bladder (gall bladder filled with pus), gall stone pancreatitis and choledocholithiasis (stones in CBD), and sometimes gangrene of the gall bladder (common in diabetics). so to avoid all these complications and to avoid the expensive Udiliv treatment, You can go for surgical management of gall stone disease (Laproscopic Cholecystectomy).

good luck
Gastroenterologist Dr. R. Murali's  Response
Hi Singhv
i hope you don't have any symptoms and it is incidental , udiliv are useful in treating Cholesterol Gallstones Size less than 10 mm and it is not 100% curative. In case of multiple Gall stones and size more than 10 mm, its usefulness is limited. If no symptoms are there for you can wait and repeat your scan after six months. In case you have symptoms of Biliary pain submit yourself for laproscopic cholecystectomy.
wishing you A healthy life.
Bye
Dr R. Murali

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.You have multiple stones and in all probability they can't be treated conservatively by taking Udiliv.Ideal treatment for you is Laproscopic Cholecystectomy.Thanks and good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Nirmal's  Response
hi welcome to healthcare magic,
Udiliv can reduce size of gallstone,but cost of therapy is expensive,take care
can be treated by this drug if there are many and they are symptomatic for long and no other concomitant illness shud also think of surgery .......else udiliv 300 b a 30 -35 rupees treatment /day helps decrease size
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Though it can be treated it takes a long time and is very expensive as well.