Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Calculi in upper, mid pole of right kidney, upper right ureter calculus, mild proximal hydroureteronephrosis. Treatment?

Hi Dr, Greetings. I am Thambi Durai, 59 Male from Tirunelveli. I am having a calculi measuring 3 to 4 mms present in upper and mid pole of right kidney . Calculus measuring 4 mms present in upper pole of left kidney. Calculus measuring 6 mms present in right upper ureter causing obstruction and mild proximal hydroureteroneohrosis. Please give me the solution for that.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  675
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
hi thambi, you have stones in both kidneys and one lodged in your right upper ureter. luckily the stones are 6 mm or smaller. so medical treatment is preferrable. take lots of fluids (unless you have any heart/kidney or liver problems). take citrus juice (lemon/mausambi/orange). your family physician or a urologist may prescribe you medicines to decrease pain/avoid infection/ help expell the stones. flush therapy can aslo be given if fluid intake is less. get a repeat sonography done after 7-10 days. if you have severe pain/vomiting/fever or if the ureteric stone refuses to move even after 10-15 days of flushing, endoscopic surgery may be needed. good luck.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor