Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

CT scan done, 2mm hypodensity in lower pole of right kidney, too small to characterize. Had hematuria. Could this causing it?

Hi I got my a ct scan done and my right kidney measures 11 cm in length a d left kidney measures 11.6 cm in length. the report showed that there is a 2mm hypodensity in the lower pole of the right kidney, too small to characterize. Should I see a nephrologist for this even though my doctor says I shouldn't worry about it? I have had hematuria for many years now and doctors can't figure out why I have it. Could this be causing it?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, inteligent question, of course the difference in size and C.T. scan report is not suggesting any thing, but the hematuria is to be considered for consultation of the nephrologist.
If the hematuria is of microscopic, it could be a matter of urologist, may be a stone in the urinary tract, if it is frank blood, to consult a nephrologist is a must. Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor