How can pain and stone in the ureter be treated?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Was in ER last night with 6mm stone. Lots of blood in urine. Still haven't passed stone although urine seems clear now and have pain only when standing or trying to urinate or after urination. Trying to avoid another trip to ER, but not sure how long I should wait. Cannot get into the urologist until next monday. Looking for recommendations on what to do
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most likely stone has impacted in lower end of ureter .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you have 6 mm size stone in your ureter causing pain and hematuria .

Looking at the fact that you have pain on standing and trying to urinate is an indication that the stone has passed down either at the lower end of ureter .
and may pass down in badder at any moment .

Ensure to drink ore water so as to pass urine ..

Take pain killer like Diclofenac and Drotin twice daily along with Tomsulosin once daily .

This will help to pass out the stone freely without pain . .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.