Ask a Urologist   »  

Is recurrent UTI despite taking medication associated with cancer of the urinary system?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I️ was diagnosed with An UTI in November 10th was given antibiotics the received a phone call that I️ had ecoli and it was resistant to this antibiotic so switched to a 5 day round of another antibiotic felt good for about 12 days and had symptoms again so now I’m in my 8 th day of Cipro and felt fine up until today. I have now convinced myself that I️ have cancer or some rare autoimmune disease help
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no basis for your doubt about having cancer .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the fats that you have posted you seem to have UTI which was confirmed by urine culture the organisms being E-Coli .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Are you passing blood in urine (Hematuria)?

At the outset let me state that what is the basis for your assumption that you have cancer ? Passing XXXXXXX blood in urine (Hematuria)is the presenting symptom of cancer of urinary system.

Continue taking antibiotic as per culture report .It is bound to get cured within 10 days .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Is recurrent UTI despite taking medication associated with cancer of the urinary system? 12 minutes later
Because I’m just that way. I freak out easily. No no blood!

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No blood in urine suggest no cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Since you do not have hematuria there is 0% possibility of cancer .
Get relaxed
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.