Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

By when should emergency pill taken after having unprotected sex ?

could i drink emergency pill to avoid pregnancy by tomorrow? i had unprotected sex yesterday morning, then i will drink emergency pill within 72 hours after unprotected sex, is it safe?
Asked On : Thu, 19 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  274
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Yes. The emergency pill Levonorgestrel may be consumed within 72 hours keeping in mind there may be mild bleeding after 2-3 days. Avoid frequent usage of this drug because it has bad effects on your cycle and your general heath. Use a condom or be on the combined pill.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
it is safe for one or two times only dont use it as a contraceptive. one thing keep in mind something which is bracking normal function of body means it is acting against boby ruls so it may be dengerous some times.Dont use it frequently.
Answered: Thu, 19 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor