Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Burning sensation in stomach, gurgling noise, tightness in chest, spasms, empty stomach sensation. What is going on?

For the passed few nights I have experienced terrible burning in my stomach with a feeling of fullness and gurgling noises. I also have a tightness in my left upper chest around the peck muscles it s almost like a spasm . I haven t been able to sleep more then 4 hrs any of the past few nights b/c I m too uncomfortable and when I wake in the morning the burning sensation is like an empty stomach feeling needing something on it but I m afraid to eat anything
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  812
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Do you have fever/ watery diarrhea/ constipation/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ nausea or vomiting?
With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of acute viral gastroenteritis or peptic ulcer disease.
Myalgia is an integral prodromal symptom of viral infection.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, ultrasound imaging, endoscopy and serum electrolytes.
You should take complete antibiotic therapy, antispasmodics, probiotics, antipyretics and muscle relaxants.
You should maintain your hydration by taking potassium rich liquids.
Avoid milk and all milk related products.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for choosing H.C.M.F.
As you describe it is a typical picture of peptic ulcer, or its precurser, means it may lead to peptic ulcer. It always have relation to the food. You are fearing but it may be relieved if you eat some bland food. some times it may be increased after having food these two differentiates the two types of peptic ulcer. It may be a referred pain due to pain from a cardiac origin like angina.
I advise you to consult a gastro enterologist for diagnosis and treatment. You may have to go for gastroscopy besides other routine tests for confermation.
Wishing for a quick recovery . You can approach me in case of any doubt regarding.
Best regards.

Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor