Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Burning pain in the left and right clavicle after a cervical fusion surgery. No cardiac problem. What else could be the reason?

I have had cervical fusion surgery done about 3 years ago to fuse the S-5-6. I am experiencing burning pain under my left and right clavicle and in both upper pec muscles and in left bicept. What could this cause be, I do not smoke and quit 8 years ago, I have had stress tests done to rule out cardiac problem and told was normal.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi thanks for the query
The complaints of burning sensation in the clavicle area and near the biceps could be irritation of cervical nerves or due to strain to the muscles of the neck. I advice you to consult Orthopedic surgeon or neurologist who could advise you some physical therapy sessions and some vitamin B supplements.

Answered: Mon, 10 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor