Can Brufen or Etoshine MR be taken for groin pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi Doctor,
I am getting a pain the right groin area since last night. I have been lifting weights for some time now but I did not feel any pain while exercising. The pain began while I was sleeping last night. Though the pain is not severe,it comes and goes periodically. It is like a dull pain that appears and then subsides. Will a pain killer like brufen-400 or Etoshine-MR help? I applied volini gel on the affected area this morning. I also have a prostrate enlargement and calcification problem (grade 1 prostatomegaly) and I'm wondering if this could be a prostrate issue rather than a groin strain.
Please ADVISE.
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query,this is a problem related to back so stop weight lifting,do hot fomentation and applied voline gel.Etoshine -MR will definitely help you.This is nor related to prostate but for asafe side you can go for USG and PSA antigen.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: Can Brufen or Etoshine MR be taken for groin pain? 27 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

That sounds a little strange. My back does not hurt at all. The pain is in the upper area of my right groin.

For how long will i need to stop weightlifting? Should I use ice or a hot water bag?

Thanks for the help.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hot water bag will help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Lifting weights can cause a back muscle spasm causing a nerve root compression or irritation which can lead to a groin pain. A direct muscle strain is also likely which will improve with oral muscle relaxants and rest. Using a hot water bag will help the muscles to relax. You can avoid lifting weights for 7-10 days and let the area heal.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can Brufen or Etoshine MR be taken for groin pain? 7 minutes later
Thanks doctor.

Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
I am happy I could help.
Do recommend our services to your friends too in case you find it helpful.
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best Regards.