Can Brufen or Etoshine MR be taken for groin pain?
I am getting a pain the right groin area since last night. I have been lifting weights for some time now but I did not feel any pain while exercising. The pain began while I was sleeping last night. Though the pain is not severe,it comes and goes periodically. It is like a dull pain that appears and then subsides. Will a pain killer like brufen-400 or Etoshine-MR help? I applied volini gel on the affected area this morning. I also have a prostrate enlargement and calcification problem (grade 1 prostatomegaly) and I'm wondering if this could be a prostrate issue rather than a groin strain.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query,this is a problem related to back so stop weight lifting,do hot fomentation and applied voline gel.Etoshine -MR will definitely help you.This is nor related to prostate but for asafe side you can go for USG and PSA antigen.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
That sounds a little strange. My back does not hurt at all. The pain is in the upper area of my right groin.
For how long will i need to stop weightlifting? Should I use ice or a hot water bag?
Thanks for the help.
Hot water bag will help.
Thanks for writing again.
Lifting weights can cause a back muscle spasm causing a nerve root compression or irritation which can lead to a groin pain. A direct muscle strain is also likely which will improve with oral muscle relaxants and rest. Using a hot water bag will help the muscles to relax. You can avoid lifting weights for 7-10 days and let the area heal.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
You are welcome.
I am happy I could help.
Do recommend our services to your friends too in case you find it helpful.
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Brufen 400 for acne pain
- Brufen and polyhydramnios
- Stomach pain and groin pain
- Groin pain and testicular pain
- Usages of brufen
- Is brufen 600mg good for tooth pain
- Knee pain taken pre rejoint etoshine raciper usage of medicine
- Pain in buttocks calfs on brufen cause
- Brufen and alcohol
- What happens by overdose of brufen pain killer
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?