What causes pain around the chest muscles after injury?
I injured myself during yoga today. I felt a pop in the center of my chest , on both sides of my sternum.
I can breathe fine. It is painful to bend over or raise my arms. The instructor thought that I probably pulled muscles that connect to the sternum. Should I seek medical treatment?
Not at the moment, please see the detailed answer below.
Welcome and thank you for your question.
You may have had a bit of a muscle strain.
That may be painful for some days, but it will pass by.
Try to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for the pain if that is too much.
Rest the area and do not do exercises till the pain goes away.
If it doesn't go away after one week than you have to do a muscle ultrasound, but I think it will go away.
If you have other questions please feel free to post them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes persistent pain due to nerve injury
- What is the cause for leg pain after an injury
- Causes of penile pain after injury
- What causes swelling and pain in wrist after an injury
- What is the cause of fever after an injury
- What is the cause of knee pain after injury
- Shin injury knee pain what is the cause
- What causes pain inside the knee after an injury
- What causes pain in tailbone after an injury
- Chest muscle injury causes