Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What causes pain around the chest muscles after injury?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2015
Answered : 312 Questions
I injured myself during yoga today. I felt a pop in the center of my chest , on both sides of my sternum.
I can breathe fine. It is painful to bend over or raise my arms. The instructor thought that I probably pulled muscles that connect to the sternum. Should I seek medical treatment?
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not at the moment, please see the detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,
Welcome and thank you for your question.

You may have had a bit of a muscle strain.

That may be painful for some days, but it will pass by.

Try to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for the pain if that is too much.

Rest the area and do not do exercises till the pain goes away.

If it doesn't go away after one week than you have to do a muscle ultrasound, but I think it will go away.

If you have other questions please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,
De. Eni

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor