Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Burning and peeling of skin in the groin area after the use of adult diapers. Do I need to go to the doctor?

hello so i have a blatter problem and i usally wear molicare adult breif to bed one day i woke up and my down stairs burned bad so i put some powder on it and about 2days later after doing this a i read it feeds yeast very fast so i went and took a shower and applyed some diaper rash cream and continued thisbut its been a least 2 weeks and my rash started pealing and burning what should i do i dont really like doctors but do i need to go to one?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello..Thanks for the query
You might be suffering from either a Contact dermatitis due to the diaper or Candidal intertrigo in your groin area.
You may apply a topical steroid like Hydrocortisone for 3-5 days in the area and have an oral anti allergic tablet like Allergra to reduce the itching.If this does not show any improvement, i suggest you visit a dermatologist and get an examination done.
Contact dermatitis may occur due to components in the adult diaper , as well as to the excretory contents that it traps.You will need to determine what exactly is a cause and take steps to avoid it accordingly.
Hope this is helpful,
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor