Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Bumps on scalp, growing in size, pus, bleeding, popped bump, hole formation. Treatment?

I had two bumps that came up on my head about two years ago one of the bumps has gotten bigger over four to five weeks. And pus and blood has been coming out alittle a couple of day. Tonight I was putting so medcine on it and the bump was starting to look like there wsa pus building up when I touched it so I hept touching it and the bump fell of. Now the is a hole about the size of the top of a nail on the side of my head.I cover the hokle with a badnage my husband ask do i want to go to the doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  349
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome
In my opinion you should go to your GP and get examined your wound properly. Pus is always a indication of bacterial infection and may cause delayed healing, bad scar and other complications. Your GP may order pus culture examination and according to that effective antibiotic shall be taken. In addition proper care of wound should be taken by aseptic dressing.

Clean the area with antiseptic solution. Keep it in hygienic condition. Do not touch any non sterile material at the site. Daily aseptic dressing id must till the pus subside. Hope your will consult your GP and get examined.

Best Wishes
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Anju Choudhary's  Response
hi there, what you have described sounds like an abscess and as pus has drained out of it the gap or hole is seen. You have to get checked whether you are diabetic and get it under controll if positive. As there is a gaping hole and exposed area it would be better if you did visit a doctor and got a dressing done along with a course of antibiotics to prevent futher infection and scar formation. Now you could clean it with an antiseptic solution and put a light dressing and take an anti-inflammatory
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor