Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Bump on back with pus which looks like a black head

My Dad had a large lump on his back shoulder that looked similar to a black head . But, it was larger than a usual one and more under the skin. My mom decided to pop it, and the discharge was similar to one like a pimple but was much less oily and smelled bad. The other thing is that a lot of puss came out. Do you have any idea what it could be? My Dad is in his late twenties and has no severe medical history . He has delt with mild acne before but nothing like this.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  2096
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
It seems to be sebacious cyst on back. You may consult a homoeopath or contact a surgeon. In homoeopathy it can take few month to cure.
Answered: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
you can use cleansers containing salicylate and benzoyl peroxide formulations
as you suggested in history, you may need antibiotic course like doxycycline or local clindmycin.
consult your dermatologist about it
take care
Answered: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor