Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Bruise and bump on the arm, blood vessels on the arm, jelly like substance under the bump

i fell down some metal stairs and hit my arm pretty hard, a bruised and bumped formed right away, now the bruising is going away slowly, there are still some blood vessels at the surface, however in the middle of the bruise is a bump and if i push on the bump it feel likes a jelly substance moving around, and a bump on the bone ... what is this?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  953
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hai Karly,

Thanks for writing in,

From your symptoms, it seems like the boggy swelling you feeling is a hematoma which has started resolving at present. If you are able to comfortable with your day-to-day activities, then it is advisable to apply a crepe bandage over the site, so that the hematoma can resolve faster. If the skin over hematoma shows signs of unhealthiness, then it is better to aspirate the hematoma using a sterile syringe& needle by a surgeon.

Get well soon.
Answered: Thu, 24 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor