Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Brain surgery done to remove benign angioma, metal plate inserted. Liver, kidney conditions. Will alternative medicine help?

I am an XXXXX and one of my members is a 66 yr. old s/p brain surgery for a benign angioma with a metal plate in her head since 9/22/10. C/o daily pain- feels like a hat too tight on her head, can t really take aleeve, tyleno etc., CAUSES KIDNEY AND LIVER PROBLEMS. WAS WONDERING IF ACCUPUNCTURE, HOLISTIC THERPIES OF ANY KIND, HOMEOPATHIC THERAPIES WOULD HELP HER ??? SHE LIVES IN XXX
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. Its been approx.2 years since he was operated, so in between when did the symptoms re- surfaced?
2. any visual disturbances, nausea,vomiting?
3. was regular follow up done with your health care provider, and were there any alaming signs he/she noticed?
4. Aleve (naproxen) and tylenol (acetaminophen) are given to reduce inflammation,pain,headache and muscle pains, so what type of kidney and liver problems are you talking about, were any TESTS done for the same?
5. consult with a neuro surgeon about the same, whether it's a false (phantom) headache or something serious.
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
Answered: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor