Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Born premature, has severe congestion, cannot eat, has elevated CPK. Advised humidifier. Suggestions ?

my grandson, born a preemie, has severe congestion, cannot eat because it causes to much effort between eating and breathing . he has elevated cpk levels, does not see a pediatrician and the doctor he did see says, continue w/ humidifier and let the cold continue its course. i need advice his mother is very young and ill equipped to deal with this.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
its dr vivek
you have not tell us age of child. muscle weakness, fever, swelling over body and which CPK (MM, MB, BB) is elevated so we could not find clearly about reason of CPK elevation
i will suggest two disease which may be possible in your child
1. respiratory disease
2. cardiac disease
GO for
X-RAy chest PA view
to see cardiomegaly ( eg cardimyopathy in muscular dystrophy ), pulmonary edema
bronchopeumonia , pneumonia , reactive airway disease ( air trapping )
both have different management .
if no cardiac disease -
your child will be managed by nebulization , humidified oxygen and antibiotic if needed

Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor