Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Blotchy skin rashes on the body of a child. What could they be?

Hi! My daughter has a blotchy red rash all over her body......behind the knees, in the elbow , tummy, diaper area, behind the neck, on her back etc. She doesn t seen to be bothered by it. She doesn t scratch it and it doesn t seem to hurt/ burn when I bathe her or put cream on. It looks like welts, but they are not raised at all. They are a bright red. There is no other colour like white. We took her to the dr today and he wasn t sure what it was. I thought it may be a yeast infection but the symptoms sound different. I know it s hard to diagnose without seeing it but would you have any ideas of what this could be? Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  654
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. As your description suggests it may be vitiligo. where the patches are usually white in colour. but if haemoglobin is upto the mark the patches may look red.
I advise you to consult a cosmetic dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Besides i advise you to follow some diet recomendations as give more of green leafy vegetables pulses sprouts fruits juices milk and sea foods. They will provide proteines b complex
Vit A E C necesosy for health of the skin. Thanks for calling.
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor