Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Blood test on forearm, lumps appear at the site of the blood test. Please clarify my concern?

I had a blood test back in may on my forearm as the doctor couldn t find a vein in the middle of my arm. Since then I ve had pea sized soft lumps appear at the site of the blood test and the vein going up (around to nearly the middle) there s around 5 in total. Could you tell me what it could be please as I m concerned about it. Thankyou so much.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thank you for your query.
It lookl like there is subcutaneous hematoma. This is nothing serious. This is just blood accumulation beneath the skin and it will pull back in short time.You can apply some heparine gel if you have,keep your hand elevated and keep it clean to prevent infections. If you notice pain, tingling or paleness of hand and fingers,you should visit doctor as soon as you can. Regards
Answered: Mon, 1 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor