Blood sugar low or normal ?

7.45pm blood sugar was 3.6 done a night shift didnt eat anything all night and drank water only and at 7.30am the next morning it read 4.1 im confused
im a health care assistant and i used the monitor we use for patients i have had a blood test done and it was first thing in the morning and read 8.7 needless to say my doctor has sent me for a glucose test
if this is normal why is my doctor sending me for a glucose test and for you americans the 3.6 is mmol, and im not wasting time i have been told to check it
Mon, 14 Dec 2009