Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Blackish lump behind the ear. Need to get checked out?

I have a black bump on the side of my neck/head under my ear. It doesn t hurt and it does move with my skin. It s been there for a couple years I ve just never had it checked out. I actually forgot about it until it was drawn to my attention again recently, and I want to make sure it s ok before I forget about it again.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
Generally, if it does not increase in size, painless and there are no associated lymph nodes, it should be ok. However a good clinical evaluation be a clinician, physician could be worthwhile just to be sure. benign lesions as such might require simple observation surgical interventions might not be very necessary. I Suggest you visit your primary care physician for a complete medical evaluation.
Thanks and hope this helps.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor