Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Black vaginal rash, painful, itchy. Any suggestions?

my 14yr old has a blackish colored rash inside on her vaginal walls she is not sexually active but her menstral cycle has started about a year ago and she does wear tampons. The rash hurts her she was recently on medication for a urinary track infection. She says it s painful and itchy I had her put witch hazel wipes on a maxi pad but am unsure what has caused the blackish rash. Any suggestions....
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You need to look if she is having temperature or any discharge. She might have heat rashes or infection. Vaginal infections can be predisposed by use of antibiotics. Yeast infection is most common infection in such conditions but it is advised to visit concerned doctor and get her examined.
Hope it helps.
Take care!
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor