Black stools, on low carb diet with moderate protein and fiber, supplements, have rupture in stomach. Cause?

Hi, I ve been having black stools recently for the past 3 weeks, I have been taking zinc, magnesium , BCAA, green tea extract, vitamin C and milk thistle for about a month and I had checked the nutrition fact sheets about this supplements and none of them include iron in it. I am also on a low-carb with moderate protein and fiber diet. I ve been wondering if the black colour present in my stool is base on the supplements and diet i am having or there is a rupture in my stomach/gastric. Please help! Thank you. Regards, Zachary
Tue, 9 Sep 2014
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, I would advice you to get a stool examination for occult blood and blood hemoglobin levels.
If stool test is negative and hemoglobin is normal, then you don't not need to worry. In case either of them is abnormal then you might need further investigations.
Hope this helps. Dobget back incase you have further queries.
Dr Samir Patil