• question-icon

Back pain and swelling on sides of back. Scanning showed fatty liver and gallbladder replaced by soft tissue. Treatment?

hai i am 30 year old man. recently i found backpain and sometimes swelling on the both sides of back. so i consult a doctor and he recommended a US scanning of abdomen.i felt acute pain during night.the result is mildly enlarged fatty liver and gallbladder is replaced by soft tissue masses.and i felt blurred vision in my left eye.so i want to know what is my disease ? and what is the better treatment?
Tue, 1 Apr 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thanks for the query.
You should find the exact cause of liver changes. this can be confirmed only by liver biopsy and then right treatment can be planned. also you should check your heaptitis markers to rule out hepatitis infections. till y ou do these tests you should avoid alcohol completely,eat hepatoprotective diet and regulate blood sugar and lipids.
Wish you good health. Regards