Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Back pain and pain in lower stomach during pregnancy. Should I be concerned?

Hello, I am 18 weeks pregnant and experiencing some uncomfortable back pain . As well as in my left, lower stomach . I haven t been doing any heavy lifting but it feels like pulled muscles. I was wondering if I should be concerned about this? If not, what can I do to ease the pain? I tried ice and a warm bath, but that didn t help much.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.

With the progression of gestational age the size of the uterus increases leading to stretching of ligaments especially round ligament.
This will lead to pain during moving, changing the position etc.
Usually this type of pain will be mild and subside without the need of medication.
If you think that the pain is severe you can take analgesics with your doctor's advice.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 14 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor