Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Back pain. Taken motrin, not cured. Suggest some cure and medicine?

My 9 year old son often complains that his back hurts. We ve been thinking maybe it s his mattress and put a board underneath to help with firmness. That hasn t seemed ot help. I try to give him motrin, but he claims that doesn t work. This doesn t stop him from living a normal life, but he mentions it, almost daily.
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

If your 9 year old son often complains back pain, it may be mechanical or pathological.
Is ur son had bad posture during sitting or he sits for a long time in one posture.
if he complains pain for long duration and he was unable to living a normal life , it may be some pathological cause. So examination of spine is necessary & X-ray and some other inv. may be required to make the diagnosis.
Answered: Fri, 7 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor