Ankylosing Spondylitis A Joint Disease, please suggest

Is ayurvedic treatment for it covered under insurance.It may not be inpatient basis.
Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
as per Ayurveda pt. of ankylosing spondylitis needs to go through the special treatment i.e., PANCHAKARMA. PANCHAKARMA will help to reduce the pain and stiffness by establishing the DOSHA sthiti (balance of DOSHA). and then after pt. need to go through complete medicinal treatment.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Mohan Thadi's  Response
Ankylosing spondylitis is certainly a joint disease as it involves mainly the axial skeleton meaning the entire spine and hips. The patient usually male ( also seen in females but not common) develops buttock pain , worse in the mornings, in his twenties. Alternating buttock pain lasting months is classical. This ascends up till entire spine , neck downwards, is stiff and inflexible( 'bamboo spine'). Mobility is severely restricted when hips get involved and hip replacements can make a great difference.

navyacj's  Response

As far as i know, only allopathic and few chiropractic and acupuncture treatments are covered under insurance. For more details, you should be asking your insurance company.