Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Ankle pain after fall, advised to keep foot up. Is it broken or sprained?

I am 12 years old and I fell at the top of the stairs at school in an awkward position and now my ankle really hurts. My school nurse said that I should keep my foot up and I am doing that but it still is seriously hurting. Is it broken or sprained? Another thing, my mum is away in Beijing and won t be coming back until thursday and my dad is in New Zealand and I cannot pay for a doctor appointment.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealtcareMagicForum

Hi..pipparo.. If in case there is excessive swelling in the ankle, change in the color of the skin, and intensive pain while using the leg movement or standing on feet then suggestive of fracture.. if the above symptoms are absent theh, it can be a ligament sprain... only anagesics (paracetamol)is enough..

Take care..
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor