Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Achy and hurting body after intercourse. Test shows viral fever, antibody not detected. Should i be worried?

I had a sexual encounter with someone on April 13 after that my body has been aching and hurting me went to the doctor and he said that I have a viral infection but he couldn t tell me what kind. I took a pcr test for hiv because I m within the window period for the antibody came back not detected. I m scared shall I be worried now or just wait until after the 3 months and take another test
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi.welcome to healthcaremagic forum. viral infectioion.ns are very common may not be related to sex. if pcr is negative, chances of hiv are very slim. you can repeat after 3 months. avoid thinking much. viral infections are millions and every infection can not be tested for exact organism. most probably it is trivial viral infection. consult your treating doctor to allay your anxiety.thanks
Answered: Wed, 6 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor