Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

43 years old got bite/scratches on her face by a rat & prescribed Doxycycline hyclats 200mg tablet. Shall I go for any blood test ?

Hi, I am 43 years old and two day back a rat fall from cealing to my face when I was sleeping at night and morning I found small nail scraches on my face then I cleaned with antiseptic and felt, out of six scraches one has minor cut in my skin , then I consult a medical consultant and he prescribe me a tablet name Doxycycline hyclats 200mg one at night for four days. Shall I want to go for any blood test or is it enough. Regards S.Joseph
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  278
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.The drug given to you is antibiotic and that is given to prevent infection.There is no need for any blood test for this.What ever has been done is fine.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor