What causes soreness in mouth under tongue?
Possible Aphthous ulcer
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Infection involving the oral cavity, mouth or throat like tonsillitis or stomatitis , poorly fitted dentures, medications like clonazepam, Reflux disease can lead to excess salivation. Bell's palsy and Sinusitis can present with difficulty in retaining /swallowing saliva. Prolonged antibiotic courses or immunosuppressant drugs can also cause similar complications. The oral cavity needs to be examined thoroughly. Based on your description, aphthous ulceration is a likely diagnosis. B COMPLEX VITAMIN and FOLIC ACID course should be done for a month. cetalkonium chloride and choline salicylate combination ointment can be used to apply to the area under the tongue where the soreness is felt. Mouthwash containing potassium nitrate like PRODENT should be used thrice a day. Tetracycline antibiotics would be required if the lesions / soreness persists. An oral brush biopsy may be indicated if persistent sores develop that don't respond to the treatments mentioned above, in consultation with your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a sore tingly tongue
- What causes dry mouth and roughness on tongue
- What causes dryness of under tongue
- What could be causing of sore tongue or mouth
- Bath salts drug cause mouth sores tongue
- What causes mouth cold sores
- What causes sores on the mouth of the womb
- Dry mouth and tongue causes
- What causes sore spots in mouth
- Sore mouth and tongue causes