Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

4 year child fell down. Ear gets swollen and red. Put ice on it. Should I go for medical check up?

My 4 year old son fell down the stairs while playing with a box. His ear is swollen, extremely red and it looks as if the blood vessels on the too part of his inner ear are broken. We put ice in it when it happend and he says it does not hurt right now but I wanted to check to see if I should take him in or just wait to see if it heals.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  266
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
I would be pleased to answer your question

Since it is the ear that has been involved in the trauma , I would suggest that you should take him immediately to the ENT or the doctor . The ear has a a very thin skin and cartilage content and hence has a great chance of damage if treatment is not given early .
Continue the ICE application and take him to the doctor . You can give him a dose of a pain killer like paracetamol . Do consult your GP for the dose .
Thanks and Take care
Answered: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor