Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

35 years old, elevated levels for sugar, sgpt, sgot, liver enzymes, prescribed glyciphage 250 for lifetime, had bypass surgery. Advice?

hello doctor i am 35 yrs of age i have gone under bypass surgery at 30 now my sugar level is little high, my sgpt and sgot is high now for two i have been trying why the liver enzymes are not under control so now doctor has given me glyciphage 250 for life time to control the sugar level which would help me control the liver enzymes. please advice
Sat, 3 Aug 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for asking.

Elevated liver enzymes is very common in diabetes, and most of the times it remains elevated unless the sugar levels are not properly controlled.

It is imperative for you to have properly controlled blood sugars because uncontrolled levels can lead to atherosclerosis with potential graft stenosis.

Also keep your lipids under control.


I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor