Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

175 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

3 valves are blocked in heart, is there any treatment ?

Hello Doctor my father is 54 years old he is suffering with mild chest pain & holder back pain & head pain to the back side. We showed him to the hospital and some tests are done like ECG its normal, TMT and he has high BP but at present BP is normal its 120/70 . In TMT report it shown some defect doctor told to go for angiogram . In Angiogram report doctor said that in heart 3 valves are blocked out of 3, 1 is 100% blocked 1 is 75-80% blocked & last valve is on border line. So could you please tell me what is the solution. Is this dangerous to my father health?
Wed, 4 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Saibaba,I think you are talking the vessels of heart.From the report it seems that he is having inschemic heart disease in which the blood supply to heart is not good and that is causing chest pain.In such cases the blocked vessels needed to be opened.Depending upon the site of lesion either angioplasty or by pass surgery is recommended.your doctor is the best person to guide you.Bye and take care.
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
from ur report it appears the coronary artery have to take it a cardiologist.ther are now many modes of treatment like Angioplasty and CABG that is bypass surgery.but all these will be decided by a cardiologist after detail examination.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Sorry i have to correct you and say that the arteries supplying blood are blocked and not the valves.One blood vessel is 100% and the other are 75-80 and one is better than the two so definitely if the blood supply to heart is reduced your father will have chest pain so he will require treatment.The treatment is medical;Angioplasty ;and CABG that is bypass surgery.The line of treatment will be selected by your fathers Cardiologist depending upon the symptoms he is suffering and his general condition.So please discuss the line of treatment with him as the Cardiologist will be the better person to advise you as he has seen the patient and knows general condition well.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....