Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

23 years old female suffering from arthritis from last 8 years

hello doctor i m shipra n i m 23year old .i m doing my mba n i m unmarried .i m suffering from arthritis from last 8 years. i have consulted to many doctor. now a days i have pain in my joints and even waist. The problem has erupted so much that its hard to tolerate any more. I am still in consult of the doctor and going through the medicines provided by him. I face much pain in the bone of my right side of body
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hello Hema ,
Would like to have some more information
1) Have you been to a specialist (Rheumatologist).The diagnosis that you might have been given,may change if you are under care of Genreal Practiotionar and hence the tratment may also change drastically.
2)What investigations have you with you.{eg.ESR,CRP,Rheumatoid Factor & X-Rays of hand joints and in you case X-Rays of SI joint (waist & buttocks)}.
3)what medicines you are on.Pain killers (better clled Plain Killers) are only for temporarily symptom control.They do not control the disease & should not be the mainstay of treatment.If you are having some sort of rheumatic disease,you will need DMARDs (Disease Modifying Aanti Rheumatic Drugs).
Consult a Rheumatologist nearby.
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello Shipra
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
You have not mentioned any details in your query.
Arthritis is term for joint inflammation causing pain and damage to joints.
But there are many types of arthritis like rheumatoid or ankylosing or osteoarthritis etc
Each has a different way of treatment so it becomes very important to get thoroughly investigated and diagnosed before treatment. Since you have been to many doctors I hope you have been fully diagnosed.
As for pain relief your doctors must have prescribed you analgesic-anti-inflammatory drugs which are mostly used for pain relief apart from treatment of the disease.
I would like to suggest you also try physiotherapy for better results
Till then pls be positive have a healthy lifestyle eat nutritious diet , you may even need multivitamin supplements.
Consult a good orthopedician or rheumatologist
Thank you

Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

What type of arthritis you have at this age,,,?

Sometime in arthritis we can control the pain but difficult to control the disease.It also depends upon the causative factor.

Consult rheumatologist for this.
Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor