Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

2 year old with loose stools, vomiting and fever. What kind of foods to give? Taking profinal, flazol and cefix

h,i my son is 2 years old now.from last two days he is having loose motion, vomiting and fever.last two days he couldn't have anything except water. Dr gave PROFINAL,FLAZOL,CEFIX. but now he can eat.but if he eats, in next minute he is vomiting unconsciously.please what shall i do..?what are the foods i should give him?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

If a child is vomiting first antiemetics prescribed by your doctor should be given.

This will control the vomiting.

If the vomiting is not controlled by antiemetic then he should be given IV fluids (intravenous fluids)

A child with vomiting and loose motions should be monitored for dehydration.

He can be given bland diet with out any spices at present.

Hope this helps.
Take care..
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor