Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

2 year old kid have bubble in penis

Hello sir, My son is 2 year old now, when he was 8 months i noticed a bubble in his penis foreskin , until now he s having it there, it s not painful to him, so what can i do? need to go for any operation?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Since the bubble is causing no problem and since it is not increasing in size, I think it can be left alone. What is more important is maintaining good hygiene by regularly washing the area especially the groove behind the head of the penis, by pulling back the foreskin. Regular washing may make the bubble subside. If it is persisting consult an Urologist and let him examine the lesion and manage it accordingly.
Wishing your son all the best.
Answered: Sat, 22 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Santosh Kondekar's  Response
Dear Mr anonymous, good that you have noted the problem so early. There are 2 possibilities with it. one possibility is that it is a kind of a cyst under the foreskin or over the glans. If so, it has chances of getting infected sooner. This is a less common situation. In second possibility, often bubble under foreskin, is seen while passing urine especially in case of prepucial stenosis. since the foreskin hole may be smaller its likely that skin cant be rolled back, and in such situation when urine comes at a speed.. it halts at foreskin opening and foreskin bulges like a bubble, this situation needs circumcision as it is likely to cause back pressure kidney damage.
The different opinions by different doctors is mainly because, you have not given a clear idea of what child is suffering from, a picture of the so called bubble felt by you may clarify matter.
visit or consult me online for details. click below:
click here to consult in details
Answered: Sun, 23 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor