Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

18 year old wants to increase height. Is it possible?

Hello, I m 18 years old. I m too short and i m really ashemed of it. My friends my parents my brother my girl friend.. Everybody taller than me. And it s really heartbreaking. My weight is 168 cm. I want to increase only 5 cm more. What should i do ? I ve tested my hormone levels,and it said my Growth hormon level 100/87. Can i increase in this age ? What do you think? Is it possible to wake up with a 173-174 cm weight ? Thanx. And sorry about my language :)
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  519
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
First and most important thing is have self confidence,
Height is determined by variety of factors including genetic,nutritional,and exercises.
By 18 years almost adult height is reached but there can be small increase til 20 years.
I advise you to take good exercise stretching exercise.
Accept and be proud of yourself as you are.

Wishing you good health.
God bless
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Normally by age 18, you would have already reached your final height, rarely persons may continue growing beyond the teens.
Final height is primarily determined by genetics, though diet, exercise and the presence of chronic illnesses can play a role.

Although it is not possible to alter ones final height, there are a variety of exercises that are thought to improve posture and affect therefore have a positive effect.
The use of pilates which increases core strength and yoga which involves stretching exercises are recommended.

I hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor