Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

18 year old getting rapid heart rate and twitches in the eye after going though severe stress. What to do?

My son just turned 18. Our family has been under stress lately due to th e death of my mother. My son experienced eye twitches about three weeks ago lasting several days. He also had a rapid heart rate for a few hours. Those symptoms have ended however he is currently noticing a sense of pressure on the side of his face and head. Nothing severe yet bothersome.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

He is just 18 and he had eye twitching about 3 weeks ago. He is also having complaints of rapid heart rate, pressure on face and heaviness on head. These symptoms may be due to some anxiety disorder. You have mentioned twitches but I need more details to evaluate it as Tics of eye. In a number of Anxiety Disorders tics are also associated. If condition becomes severe I advise you to visit a good Psychiatrist for expert opinion.

Medicines in low doses like Fluoxetine, Sertaline, Escitalopram are very useful in anxiety. Other medicines like Propranolol, Clonazepam are used to control anxiety symptoms.
Other non pharmacological methods like Behavior Therapy are also used to control anxiety.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor