Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

13 years old girl has Chest Pain, please Help

Hi im a girl 13 years old and for the past couple nights my chest has been hurting and i no it hasnt been heart burn but it is def. in the area of my heart. I took my heart beat and it was 65sec per minute( i dont know if that is normal). Can you please help me on what to do or what i have? opps i meant 65 beats per minutes sorry. minute**** hah ya i no i just realized what i typed there. Im just not sure cause ive had heart burn before and it doesnt seem like this.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  710
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
65 is normal, a little on the low side but if you exercise regularly this is normal, so don't worry about it. You should go to a doctor and get checked out, but you may have something called reflux which is the most common cause of chest pains. If you eat a lot of acidic foods this is very likely to be the case, although it can still happen even if you don't think your diet could be a cause. If you go to a doctor they will send you for an ECG to rule out any underlying heart condition. If there is nothing they will do something called a pH probe- this is a tube that goes up your nose and into your esophagus for 24 hours- it is not painful, just uncomfortable, and you will have to stay in hospital. If this is confirmed you will be put on a medication such as Omeprazole for about a month, which is nothing to worry about because it is very safe. It is only in confusing cases that the doctor will send you for a pH probe- he may be able to diagnose you without it. I had this for a short while last year (I'm 15) and it was fine- I didn't have a pH probe and I was on the medication for a month and it went away. I had the pH probe done another time when I was in hospital for some respiratory problems, and it's a weird feeling but nothing to worry about if that's what does happen. Hope this helped, best of luck with everything.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor