Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

13 year old born with spina bifida having swelling in the testicles after a UTI. Removal of surgery suggested due to the abscess. Need a second opinion

Hi i have a 13 year old son that was born with spina bifida and some other health issues. Late November he was treated for a uti infection that formed a abese below his testicle area that also caused the testicle to swell . In December the abses grew again now larger. The urologist lanced the abses and prescribed more antibiotic medicine. The abses is still draining now we were told by the doctor that he will the area of the infection with surgery and the testicle may have to be removed. I believe that the uti infection was not treated properly in November. I just want some other medical opinion on this matter thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hello I have gone through your complaint. As your child had spina bifida previously, there may be some associated urinary problems. The abscess which had occurred previously is in high risk zone. The previous uti might have been completely cured but as it is at high risk infective zone, the urine itself will act as a media for the growth of organisms. According to your doctor decision you need to get operated and a further delay may cause few more complications.
Thank you. Good day
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor