Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

11 year old with high B12 levels, low WBC. Anything serious?

Hi there.. I am concerned about my 11 year old son.. He had a blood test during a routine yearly physical (because he is a high level competive swimmer and had been have lots of problems with muscle recovery and feeling run down etc.) the physio looking after his shoulder injury recommended. It turned out his levels of b12 very extremely high.. White blood cells on the low and urea was low as well as several other things.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your query at HCM
The pattern of feeding should be changed .the rate of growth slows down at this age group. Dont push her to eat more.
Give her as much as she can tolerate.
Do deworm her every 6 monthly . follow strict hand washing technique.

i will be available for your help
wishing you a speedy recovery
take care
Dr. Imran Hussain
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor