Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

11 months old diagnosed of sebaceous cyst in right face near ear. Is surgery only option ?

My baby (11 mos old) was diagnosed to have a sebaceous cyst in his right face near his ear. According to the dermatologist , the only solution is to remove it by surgery. I am worried because if we decided to have it removed, my baby can be irritated by the wound he has on his face. And how much does it cost to remove the cyst? I am from the Philippines
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  193
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query. I am sorry that your baby is suffering this. It is ideal to get the surgery done as it the permanent treatment of a sebaceous cyst. It can be done as a minimally invasive surgery with minimal scar. It should not irritate him.

It should not cost more than 1500 Philippine Peso or 2000 Indian rupees.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor