Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Worried about family problems. Not interested in anything except sleep. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
I am so tired all the time. I have a hard time getting out of bed and going to work.. I worry about family problems with a grandson, I worry about our business and the fact that there is no retirement in sight. I am 66 years old and feel trapped in a lot of situations I can't seem to get out of- family, church, and business. I am on Zolof but I don't think it help. I have no desire to do anything except sleep.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should consult a Psychiatrist at the earliest.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mrs. Kohlerts, ,

Good Day to you.

I can fully appreciate the pain and agony that you are passing through.

* From the information provided, you seem to be suffering from Anxiety Depression and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

* You have passed through serious medical conditions in the past. At this age too, you have taken a whole lot of responsibilities on your shoulders. I really admire your courage, sense of responsibility and determination.

* It is high time that you start taking life easy: meditate, perform Yoga and pursue your hobbies which you might missed out on in all these years.

* The urgency to go to the bathroom after food, is probably due to either anxiety/Irritable Bowel Syndrome or can be a sequelae of colon cancer. It will improve with anti-depressants in adequate/effective doses.

* I would advise you to discuss your problems, in detail, with your Psychiatrist, who will prescribe you medicines, more effective than Zolof.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor