Will i be able to conceive with hypothyroidism?

Endocrinologist
Question
Am trying to conceive since 5months and last saturday i did thyroid checkup and found that i have T3=78.93,T4=11 and TSH=10.02. Doctor prescribed "Thyronorm" daily one table.
My doubt is will i be able to conceive ?.if so how long will it take? What type of thyroid i have? i still didnt start taking "Thyronorm". should i take it? is my condition serious?
Please clarify.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Primary hypothyroidism.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

You have primary hypothyroidism and you must start the treatment as prescribed. Thyroid imbalance does interfere with conception, so you must correct it. It will take around three months to stabilize.

Normal thyroid balance increases your chances of conception but still if you face problem after achieving normal thyroid balance, let me know. We will need some more tests in that case.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help.

Regards.

Follow-up: Will i be able to conceive with hypothyroidism? 34 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
Thanks for the reply.

I willl start medicine from tomorrow.

Thanks,

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks!

Detailed Answer:
dear XXXXXXX you are welcome, pleasure is mine if I could help you. regards!