• question-icon

Why is Ecosprin advised during early pregnancy?

Posted on Sat, 22 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi my wife pregnancy is 13 weeks.she is having thryoid problem for which she is taking thyronorm 75 since 2 month recommended by doctor.she is also having single fibroid.
Her weight is 65 age 37 .
Ultrasound is normal with good baby development.
Han and other thing is normal.
BP is also normal.
Today she visited to doctor doctor prescribed her iron calcium folic acid.
Along with this doctor also recommended ecosprin 75 .

My query is what is the role of ecosprin here.And whether it is safe .attaching the USG report.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ecosprin is safe.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Ecosprin helps in slight thinning of the blood reduces the tendency of clotting and increases the blood flow to placenta. This helps in better baby development and reduces the chances of miscarriage. It can be continued till full term if your doctor feels so. There is no harm in taking it.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN