Suggest remedies to be followed to attain normal delivery

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: what should a pregnant woman do during pregnancy so she can have normal delivery?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Various factors contribute. Anything specific needed, please let me know.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there dear XXXXXXX
I welcome you to HCM virtual clinic. I have understood your query and I will suggest you the best possible modality.

As such getting pregnant and grow a healthy pregnancy itself starts even before getting pregnant. The evidence shows that folic acid and vitamin B 12 supplements started at least 3 months before getting pregnant,help to prevent various complications during pregnancy and delivery.

Good antenatal care is also a contributory factor ,that helps to take the pregnancy towards full term and avoid and manage various complications during the progress of the pregnancy.

Opting for a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen, regular consumption of iron, calcium and protein supplements prepares mother and baby for optimum outcome.

As such all these factors help to grow a healthy baby in uterus. The last concern about the mode of delivery depends on various factors.

But mainly, the baby's head size and relative size and shape of the pelvis are the most important factors that influence the vaginal delivery.

So taking the pregnancy to term in healthy way and delivering the baby without any complications to mother and baby, needs consideration of various factors.

But in short, good preconception care, proper antenatal care, healthy diet and regular exercise during pregnancy and relative adequacy of the pelvis play important role in the normal delivery.

I hope this answer helps you. Please feel free to communicate with me again

Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 32 hours later
Request you elaborate on antenatal care.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antenatal exercise, Meditation, breathing exercises, kegels, butterflies he

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

As such relative proportions of fetal head and size and shape of the pelvis is the most important decision making factor for the woman to deliver normally.

Keeping herself physically active, by engaging in walking, doing antenatal exercise regimen also helps in normal delivery.
Meditation and breathing exercises help to maintain stamina during labour process.
Kegels exercise and butterflies exercise are said to be helpful during labour process.

All these factors usually help the pregnant women to deliver vaginally.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng