Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Why am I experiencing farting, faster heart rate, tingling in hands and feet after eating food?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 10135 Questions
I am having the following symptoms.
31/Male/5'7"/150 Lbs - 65 Kg
Since the part few day After eating food, I experience belching, farting, tingling in hands and feet and faster heart rate.
It subsides after a few hours.
The symptoms occur more if I eat fats in dinner and less if I just eat fruits
What can be my diagnosis.

Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Certain foods can provoke different reactions in the body. Fatty foods can cause problems because of a number of reasons:(1) it can be related to the gall bladder- gallstones are usually made up of cholesterol which would be found in fatty meals, when a fatty meal is taken ,it requires the gall bladder to release bile and to contract.If gallstones are present because of fatty meals this contraction of the gall bladder can cause pain. (2) fatty foods slow down stomach emptying and can also be associated with a feeling of fullness (3) they are also associated with gastroesophageal reflux which would cause symptoms such as belching and flatulence (4) you may be allergic or intolerant to the foods that you are consuming. Allergic responses to food may be associated with paresthesia which are abnormal sensations felt in any part of the body ,in this case the hands and feet.
Stress, smoking can make the symptoms worse.

The increase in heart rate may occur because your body is responding to a stressful event , this tends to promote the release of certain hormones which result in an increase in heart rate.

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for a full assessment, he/she would conduct a full examination, focusing on the abdomen. Blood or imaging tests may be required.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor