Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Which specialist should I consult for migraines, chronic fatigue, polymialgia rheumatica and pcos?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1038 Questions
I have been diagnoses with many things including migraines, chronic fatigue syndrome, polymialgia rheumatica, poly cystic ovarian syndrome, rhaynods syndrome and gastroparesis. Also I have four herniated disc and one is pressing on nerve. I am in constant pain and have moved states away and need a new doctor. Which specialist should I go to? I also have anxiety problems and get nervous around doctors.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

You have diverse conditions that cut across different specialties.


Polymyalgia Rheumatica is rare before age of 50 and it is treated with corticosteroids such as prednisolone. Symptoms improve within 2 to 3 years but treatment with steroids shouldbe discontinuous and followed up.

Chronic fatigue syndrome is unexplain fatigue that does not improve on rest and to which no underlying medical cause as been found. It is believe to be psychological related to an extend and treatment is focus on improving symptoms with use of drugs.

Reynaulds syndrome results from constriction of small vessels that supply body parts such as the fingers. It could be primary in the case where there is no known cause or secondary due to drugs etc. Treatment is focus on avoiding triggers such as cold and use of drugs in particular cases.

Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a problem especially when it has to do with infertility.

I think the striking issue now is the herniation of your discs with compression of nerve. Prolong compression can compromise the vitality and functioning the nerve. Thus it should be treated with urgency. Concerning this, you need to see a neurosurgeon and it is going to be a surgery. Pain killers no matter the dosage and degree will only do you a temporal relieve.

As concerns the other problems but for the PCOS, you could see an internist while for the PCOS a gynecologist will do.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will glad to help.
Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor