Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Which specialist should I consult for diabetes, liver problems and high blood pressure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
hi, i am looking for a good dr. for myhusband, he is diabetic and has liver problems, high blood pressure too
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
thanks and welcome to heealthcare magic.
would be interesting to know if your husband is already being followed up by a physician, whether he is on medication or not, and for how long he has been on treatment.
Particular screening exams have to be done to evaluate the extent of the diabetes and hypertension on his system, including an ECG, chest x XXXXXXX kidney function tests, liver function tests. at times a cardiac ultrasound, serum electrolytes and HbA1c.
Consulting your cardiologist or giving specific location so health care magic doctors help could be worthwhile. It is of utmost importance he has an internist/cardiologist for his care, do these tests, be put on treatment and follow the lifestyle modification recommendations that shall be proposed by his treating physician.
An early instituted and appropriate treatment is necessary in preventing complications. Hope this helps as I hope to answer any further questions if need be,
Best regards and wishing him the best of health,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor