When is Atorvastatin prescribed?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: what other unlisted uses are there for atorvastatian besides anti stroke chlorestorol control and cardiac preventative
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There are no unlisted uses for atorvastatin!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

As of now, there are no recognized unlisted uses for atorvastatin. This drug is only used to treat high cholesterol in the prevention and management of heart diseases. In practice, this is never prescribed for any other purposes than for lipid disorders.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ivo Ditah